Jr. Expert – email marketing + social media
for Small Online Business
The Whole Dancer is a small online business based in Arlington, MA. Our mission is to help aspiring and professional dancers reach body goals in a healthy and sustainable way. Our overarching goal to make a major impact on the dance world and facilitate positive shifts for dancers around the world.
We’re looking for an amazing part-time contract (3-5 hours per week to start) Virtual Assistant / Junior Expert to join our team and help make sure all of the social media and email marketing mechanisms in our business are running like a well oiled machine.
- You’ll be working around 3 hours a week to start but the goal is for this position to grow as the company grows.
- This is a fully remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Though much of the work can be done on your schedule, you will need to be available for a 2x/month meeting. If you have other obligations, we can work with you to accommodate your schedule. On occasion there will be a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events.
The mission of the Jr Expert is to ensure that the business “behind the scenes” is running like an EFFICIENT well oiled machine. The Jr Expert will be in charge of making sure all of the social media and email marketing mechanisms in our business are running like a well oiled machine.
The Jr Expert will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Managing Email Marketing automations and transferring them from Mailchimp to Convertkit
- Moderating The Whole Dancer – Ballet Dancer Health Facebook group and creating posts/questions based on each week’s new blog content.
- Adding new subscribers to email list from Facebook
- Some instagram posts
- Additional tech/administrative tasks as needed
- Outstanding organizational skills. You’re better than anyone you know at this. Your home is always tidy. Your calendar is color coded. You always file your taxes on time. Rather than feeling overwhelmed by paperwork, you thrive at getting it done and checking items off of your to-do list.
- Interested in learning new software and technology to make systems work. You already have an arsenal of apps and software that you love for organizing your life. The idea of learning new technology thrills you.
- Superior time management and self-discipline skills. You always do things when you say you will. You follow your calendar to a tee.
- You are a natural optimist with a positive attitude. You’re known for finding the silver lining in any scenario and are uninterested in complaining when things don’t go as planned. You see obstacles as fun challenges to overcome!
Experience: You need to be proficient in online systems/social media (mailchimp, convertkit, facebook, instagram) or have a willingness to learn. Experience in administrative or online marketing role preferred. You must be over 18.
Job Type: This is a contract position at 3 hours a week with potential for growth in the company.
Compensation: $15 per hour
To apply, please email your résumé as a PDF and cover letter in the body of the email to email@example.com
Please use “Jr Expert Application” as your email subject line. Résumés will be accepted/considered through August 15, 2020.